Tuesday 25 June 2019

Looking Fabulous | Jackie Ashton | Mixed Media

Hi scrappers, Jackie here with my layout for this month theme - mixed media.  
When people think of mixed-media it either scares them, as they think that they need to add all sort of colours and textures to the pages to get a result, that is just ‘not them’, or they love it and use the ‘more is more’ approach.  I’m on the fence with this - I love the look of ‘adding it all’ but find it hard to do it myself for my own pages, so I prefer to stay true to my style of scrapbooking, and add it, but in my way. 


I started by adding blue distress oxide ink to the background along with a few splatter, then I added some texture paste through a stencil and added red ink using a different stencil with stamped details over the top.

Most of this as ended up being covered over, but I’m ok with that as you can still see the details around the outside of the photographs.





For my title, I used a large puffy word as part of the title, which I was able to fit around my journalling label, without it taking over the whole page.


So adding mixed media to your layouts doesn’t have to be a masterpiece with colours in all directions, it can be something as simple as adding texture paste using a stencil, stamping designs on the background, or even adding some machine stitching to add interest  to your layout.  So why not, give it a try, if the ‘more is more’ approach is for you - then do it, if not try adding different textures to your background that is more your style and something that you are comfortable doing, I’m sure you will be pleasantly surprised at the results.

Don’t forget to share your layouts over on our Facebook page, we would love to see them.


Till next time




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...