Saturday 29 June 2019

You're My World | Essie Peck | Mixed Media


I LOVE MIXED MEDIA !! There I've said it - or rather shouted it !! I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but I have always been a messy crafter and so MM is just right up street. But it doesn't mean you have to go all out and create some super, all over background. For this layout although I did start by adding some colour with a little packaging technique and distress inks on the background, the focus of my mixed media techniques was to create on individual circles of cardstock, that way if I had messed it up, I hadn't ruined the whole layout and could just redo that one piece ! 

I used Nuvo embellishment mousse in three colours through a stencil

Stamping, distress inks, Shimmerz water colour paint and stitching

I also added some stamping to the background.
Then I just arranged all my circles and my photo on the background with some embellishments and borders of patterned paper. So if you're a bit unsure about going straight in with Mixed Media over your background paper or on large areas, why not try creating smaller samples like I have. You can see exactly how I created my page on our YouTube Channel - 

Don't forget to share your layouts with us over on our Facebook page, or tag us on Instagram if you've been inspired by this months theme.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...