Tuesday 11 June 2019

Fun Times Mini book | RamblingsofGeo | Mixed Media

Hello everyone,

Today i am bringing you a mini book with mixed media pages. Its a slight cheat as i had a pre-made scrapbook in a tin which i bought from everycraftsapound.com at the Farnborough Craft Show. 

There is also a process video linked below for you :)

I'm using this minibook to document my recent trip to the Gogo getaway retreat that i went on with a few of my friends. I thought it would be a great way to document the trip! I have also used some bits from my left over kit for the mini book as another reminder of the weekend. 



I used a Heidi Swapp Colour shine in Teal for the back grounds, my technique was spraying it onto a damp piece of plastic, smooshing it around and then pressing it onto the paper. 

I then mixed up some Shimmerz Dazzlerz paste in Spun Sugar, with some Shimmerz paint in the colour Going Peach Side. Once this was mixed i pushed it through a Bramble Fox stencil  which has a mixture of little Stars, which i used on the pages, also has circles and stripes etc.


You can see that i also added sequins for some extra texture, the sequins used were from Spiegelmom scraps. I had a pack called Tweaky Teal, and a pack called Bursting Sunrays. I love how they add extra sparkle to my book.



On a few pages i used the Shimmerz texture paste that you can see below, it was so easy to mix up to make a coloured texture paste, i think i am going to be addicted to using texture paste to all my layouts now!


I hope that this mini book gives you some inspiration to use mix media on some layouts in the future!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...