Friday 7 June 2019

Explore Bruges | Amy Kattenbelt | Mixed Media

Hello UKSA Friends, Amy here with a mixed media style layout to fit Junes theme. I've used watercolour paints in all the colours of the rainbow to create this eye catching 12x12 page.

If you want to see this layout being created I have a short process video on out YouTube channel here.


I've added texture by using white machine stitching. I kept switching the stitch style from straight to zigzag to add extra interest.

I used various grunge style background stamps to add details and break up the rainbow stripe of colour. This is such an easy way to add intricate, interesting areas on your layout.
 I've used 3 small black and white square photos, which easily form a visual triangle on your layout. Using B&W means the colours of the photos don't fight with the rainbow colours, in fact it forms a lovely contrast.
 My title was created using a glossy puffy word sticker 'explore' and small foam thickers. I kept the rainbow theme going by making the word 'bruges' rainbow coloured too.
This layout is actually really easy to create. I really hope its inspired you to give a painty rainbow layout a try....have to admit they are one of my fav kinds right now so I look forward to seeing your creations!

Thanks for reading and I'll be back soon with another layout for you next month.


2 comments:

Thanks for your comments...