Thursday 27 June 2019

Just Be You | Kirei Baldwin | Mixed Media

Hi UK Scrap Addicts!

Kirei here with another layout featuring this months 'mixed media' theme... I had these super cute photos of my friend's daughter playing around on Snap Chat that was perfect for this layout!


Like some of the other DT I don't use mixed media all the time on my layouts but do like to get messy every now and then! So for my layout I was inspired to use a black painted stripe background as I have seen quite a few examples out there and really like the look of it so this is my take on it.

I used Bazzill Marshmallow cardstock for my layout as it's ideal when using mixed media as it is slightly thicker and doesn't need priming with gesso before you start. I used regular black acrylic paint to paint the wide stripes, then once it was dry I added some texture paste (that I had coloured pink) through an Echo Park star stencil to add dimension.



After that had dried I added some white paint splatters all over the layout. And then for some more texture I did a bit of machine stitching using metallic pink and teal thread.


I mounted the photos with papers from the Simple Stories 'Dream Big' collection and then added lots of the matching embellishments along with some pretty sequins from Spiegel Mom Scraps.



And finished off with a title...


So, if you have never used mixed media before hopefully this has inspired you to give it a go! Have a look at the rest of the Creative Team's layouts this month for more inspiration and don't forget to share your mixed media layouts over on the UK Scrap Addicts Facebook page...

Thanks for looking and happy scrapping!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...