Monday 21 October 2019

Good Times | Sam Ball | Multi Photos

I’m not normally a scrapper who used more than one photo on a layout, so this months’ theme certainly took me out of my comfort zone.

I looked through my photos and came across some from a couple of years ago, when we were lucky enough to go on a Caribbean cruise. One of the island tours we did was to visit the location of a Pirates of the Caribbean film.




With memorabilia including a flag signed by all cast members, completely exposed to the elements and a dressing up box, complete with actual costumes, it was too good an opportunity to miss!

Normally the one behind the lens, once Harvey was donning a ‘jolly roger’ hat and pirates wig, the camera started quickly snapping, as I knew he wouldn’t stay in character for long!




The layout itself was made with some very old stash – the beady eyed amongst you might recognize it from around 2013? It was a collection that I loved, so much so that I bought vintage ephemera and playing cards to co-ordinate with it.

But as is so often the case, when we love something so much, we tend to ‘save’ it, only to ultimately forget about it!




As soon as I saw the cut file, I thought it would be cool backed in all this saved vintage ephemera, and perfect with the photos!

A watered down, distressed oxide ink created the base background colour, but I did feel it was looking too pinky, so I used the same colour through a script stencil and added modeling paste through a cross stencil to replicate the scull and crossbones, and add texture.




Are you a scrapbooker that only tends to use one photo? Why not play along, and share your layouts with us over on our Facebook page, or tag us on Instagram?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...