Monday 27 January 2020

Crafty Cuties | Kirei Baldwin | Paper Folding

Hi UK Scrap Addicts!

So this month's Creative Team challenge was to use paper folding on a layout... now I had done a bit of this previously with stars so wanted to have a look for something different. Over to YouTube I went and searched through paper folding techniques and found 'bows', they were meant to decorate a present but I figured why not a layout!


At the moment I am stash busting to use up the collections I have left to make room for all the lovely new ranges coming out very soon... have you got some favourites yet?! The one I went for is the Dear Lizzy 'It's All Good' collection and I used the striped patterned paper as a background layered onto some white cardstock before stitching round the edges with gold thread.

I used a 12" x 12" piece of cardstock to fold the bow, the key is to crease the folds well using a bone folder and that helps make it easier! Then I made a few extra ribbons from the patterned papers which I stitched with gold thread to add some texture.



After adding the bow to the layout I added a square photo layered up on some of the patterned papers.


I had to do some fussy cutting so cut out the navy flowers from one of the patterned papers! Then I added them and some of the matching ephemera and stickers around the photo and to the left of the bow. A sprinkle of gold sequins added some sparkle and then I finished off with a title on the bow using gold Thickers...


Don't forget to check out all of the inspiration from the rest of the Creative Team this month! Why don't you try some 'paper folding' on your next layout, it's a great way to add embellishments if you don't have enough! Don't forget to share your layouts over on the UK Scrap Addicts Facebook group.... 

Happy Scrapping!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...