Saturday 25 January 2020

Trump Tower | Jackie Ashton | Paper Folding

Hi crafters, Jackie here with my take on this months theme - paper folding.

I’m sure I’m not the only person who as certain craft techniques that they don’t like and could gladly stay away from them.  Well ‘paper folding’ is mine - for once, this month I’ve really struggled with my layout and had toyed with the idea of ripping it up and throwing it away, but then I knew I still had to produce one and I just couldn’t seem to get my head around it.

I’ve loved seeing what the other DT have done and wished I had got those ideas myself.

So here goes, my layout for this month is ...

Trump Tower




I started the layout by die cutting some circles on my cardstock, I used metal circle dies and my Big Shot, but you can used a die cutting machine to get the same results.



I then went back and did a technique I learnt when I attended a card making class many years ago - Iris Folding.

I didn’t want the designs to be as formal as normal iris folding, so I changed them as I did each circle.




I added this cardstock sheet to the top of my patterned paper and machined stitched around the edge and down  the middle to help secure the bulkiness of the ‘iris folding’ to the layout.

I added a simple mat and photo to the right hand side, and the title.






So I guess, sometime you have to embrace what you don’t enjoy doing and just get it done.  Im ok with this layout now, its not one of my best but I took on the challenge and did it anyway.  

Don’t forget to share your layouts over on our Facebook page, we would love to see them.

Till Next Time,

Happy Scrapping






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...