Friday 3 January 2020

Summer Escape | Sheena Rowlands | Paper Folding

Hi there UK Scrap Addicts, Sheena here again x

Our challenge for January is to use paper folding on a layout. I had done some paper folding in my card making days & more recently done a little origami so I chose to try and fold hearts for this challenge.

Summer Escape.


I had an idea in my head from the start of how I wanted this layout to look like. So whilst away with friends and using an easy tutorial from Pinterest I folded 24 small hearts from different scraps of patterned paper. I would really recommend using a bone folder to help crease the paper as scrapbook paper is much thicker than usual origami paper.


To create the background for the hearts I first gessoed my cardstock then using a stencil and texture paste added a grid of 24 circles running across the centre. Using various mists in shades of blue and green I sprayed the circles, sometimes tipping the cardstock to encourage the mist to run in certain directions.
Once the background was dry I added the hearts with red tape and attached my photo and title onto them. I kept any other embellishment to a minimum.


I hope this layout has inspired you to try paper folding on your layouts. Please share with us your creations over on our Facebook group.

Till next time x




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...