Tuesday 7 January 2020

Shine Bright | Zoe Hailey zola28 | Paper Folding

It looks like many of you are enjoying this months theme of paper folding, I have loved looking at the layouts that have been posted in the Facebook group.

I settled on folding hearts for this months layout but only after attempting to fold Santa hats, butterflies and numerous other objects which all ended badly. Paper folding and me are not good friends!



Eventually this layout came together, I concertina folded  a rectangle of paper along the length at every 1/4inch and folded it in half . I cut the top and bottom into a semi circle shape and glued it in the middle. Tieing some metallic embroidery thread into a bow for each of the three hearts.  Thankfully I remembered a paper folding class I took at GoGo Getaway where we did something similar.

I combined Shimelle's Field Trip and Crate Paper's Falala collections to make my background. I hand stitched some stars at the top of my page to bring that metallic thread up into my design. T hen the fun began with splatters using my Pebeo artist marker.


My 'shine bright' title is a perspective from Bramble Fox and was totally perfect for this layout of my two youngest children, which was taken after their Christmas performing arts showcase. 

Thanks for reading how this layout came together and I hope you have fun paper folding!

Zoe   zola28



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...