Wednesday 1 January 2020

Moonlight | ScrappyNerdUK (Claire) | Paper Folding

Happy New Year to you all. 

I am so excited about this months theme which is paper folding. We are going to bring you lots of different techniques that you can incorporate into your scrapbooking pages. 

So without further ado, I am first up. I love making 3d paper folded stars and so thought I would share this with you here.

 The technique is very simple when you know how.

So, first you need to die cut our hand cut out a star. I have used a die through my Sizzix Big Shot and for a little variety I cut a mixture of sizes.

I then used a score board (but you can use most paper trimmers to do this too - be sure to watch the Youtube video linked below for a tutorial on this) and I score from the top of each point to the bottom of each point. I do this for each of the 5 points.


 I also die cut my photo into a star to give this a little more interest too.

Next I folded each of the score lines using a mountain and valley style technique. This meant that the mountain fold was each point of the star. The valley folds will naturally happen when you follow these steps.

I then burnished each score line to help define the star shape.


To adhere these stars to your page you will need to add some dimension into the middle of the star (underneath of course). I stacked 2 small foam pads for my stars as I didn't want them to be too dimensional - us scrapbookers know that dimension is not our friends when trying to squeeze our layouts into albums!!

If you are making these for something like a box frame or off the page project them add more height if you wish.

I then added some double sided tape to each of the 5 points of the star and adhered these to my patterned paper.

My title came from a quote from Lord of the Rings and it worked so well with the style and theme of my photo. I used some small gold glitter alphas (called Happy) and added these on top of the stars. They stick very well as they are foam and bend well over the folds. I wouldn't suggest using puffy or chipboard alphas for this - stick to the foam ones!!

I then added some final flourishes with embellishments from Cocoa Vanilla Studios and some Heidi Swapp colour shine in Gold, Rose and Sweet Mint.


Be sure to head on over to watch the process video here - 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...