Tuesday 21 January 2020

Lisa-Jane Johnson | Favourite Photograph | Paper Folding

Hi there Scrap Addicts, it's Lisa-Jane from Pretty My Page here today and I can't believe we are already half way through the first month of a new decade!  I hope that lots of you have been setting scrappy goals for the forthcoming year and that you'll join in with lots of the monthly challenges and visit our Facebook group to keep you inspired.



With this month's challenge being paper folding, of course I used a foldie cut file!  Paper folding of most kinds works great with any shape that has a line of symmetry and you can even create new shapes using symmetry, such as the heart shaped necks that you get between two swans when they face each other. 


I chose to create some stars in a star shape and manipulated the image so that only half of each star cut through but the lines didn't join up so that pieces stayed attached.  Then I created dashed lines straight down the middle of each star so make them easier to fold.


I folded each star and added a tiny glue dot underneath to hold it in place but still give it some dimension - this creates little shadows that give a lovely depth to the layout.  I backed the small stars with dark blue and then laid the whole thing over the aqua to fill in all the rest of the large stars.  I did try and leave it without a border but I couldn't do it so I added a trim of another dark blue paper to make it pop.


I used up lots of my extensive collection of wooden stars around the paper folds and then a sprinkle of Shimmerz paint for extra interest.  I mounted my photo onto grey paper to match the Perspextive and then onto the dark blue again and popped the whole thing onto foam for more height.  The Boys Rule collection from Cocoa Vanilla is perfect for my children's previous primary school uniform.

I hope you've been inspired to try lots of different ways of paper folding and if you need an easy place to start then symmetry is your friend - remember those painted butterflies we used to make as children?!  Don't forget to tag us if you share your paper fold layouts on social media, we'd love to see!

Happy scrapping.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...