Wednesday 29 January 2020

2019 | Amy Kattenbelt | Paper Folding

Hello UK Scrap Addicts, Amy here with my layout that uses paper folding. I hope you have enjoyed seeing all the ways the creative team have used the technique of paper folding into their layouts this month.

I really fancied creating a rainbow layout, one of my all time favourite things to do! I cut this 'Fold and Tuck Star' by Alaa K on my silhouette in white cardstock. Once it is cut you fold each 'V' cut of the star over and tuck it under the one next to it.

I used watercolour paints to create this circular rainbow background. I decided as there were 10 points on the star I would create a 'best of 2019' style layout. I picked 10 photos from last year that represented some of our family's highlights, and printed little 1" square photos.

With the star cut and folded, the photos printed and and the background painted, the layout came together really quickly. I added some thickers for the year in the middle of the circle and printed some journaling for each photo which i then cut into stripes and stuck down.


I hope you enjoy this different approach to paper folding. I think it will be pretty eye catching as the title page in my 2019 album.


Do pop over to the UK Scrap Addicts facebook group and share your layouts, we love seeing them! We will back with you in just a few days time to share with your our new theme for February.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...