Saturday 11 January 2020

Merry Christmas Baby - Stephanie Squires - Paper folding


Hello and happy new year scrapbookers!!

I trust you had an enjoyable break mine was filled with happiness, laughter, probably too much cheese 😂 oh and obviously some well deserved time off to fit in some scrapbooking!

So paper folding...I've done a few classes with different techniques in them and if I'm honest I find it tough with scrapbooking paper....I find it a little too thick for my liking...but a challenge is a challenge for a reason and I was totally up for it!

Unsure where to start I typed into google "paper folding" and found a video on you tube that showed me how to make Kirigami stars and decided that was the way forward for me!

My first tip if you haven't made one of these before is to practice with some scrap paper (I used note book paper as it was nice and thin and let me get the technique right before I wasted too much scrapbooking paper!

I folded seven different stars to start with (as I didn't want to waste anymore stash than I needed too!) and then started my layout.  I chose a piece of green paper which looked like it had snow speckled across it.  I tripped this down to 11 x 11 and distressed the edges taking notches out and in-filling them with a mistletoe background paper and then distressing them edges too.  I used a white and black script font paper which I gutted to create a boarder in which to stick my now distressed 11 x 11 paper.



I sprinkled the stars across the paper not really worried where they were as I thought I'd move them around when the layout took shape.  I backed my photo onto a project life card and popped in onto the layout in the bottom right hand corner.  I used some pink script manufacturing strip under my photo stopping at one of the large stars and used the cut off piece further up the page on the top right ending at another large star.



As I had quite a large title I arranged that on the page, having to shift a few of the stars about so it would "sit right" before I glued it down.  I then put some chipboard thickers on my page, one included my journaling next to my photo.



I double checked I liked where the stars before I stuck them down using a strong glue.  I then placed both puffy and regular stickers across the layout and wrote my journaling before finishing my layout.



Thanks you so much for reading my post today and I look forward to seeing what you make for this challenge!

Steph xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...