Wednesday 22 May 2019

Shine Bright | Sam Ball | Fussy Cutting



So today it's my turn on the UK Scrap Addicts blog, and I couldn't be more delighted with this month's theme of fussy cutting!

Everyone tends to have a technique, product or embellishment that they love to use time and time again.

Whether it's paint or flair badges, washi tape or stencils that's your signature 'thing', consciously or subconsciously it's something that we all do.

For me, it's fussy cutting, so this month's theme was right down my street.



It's no surprise that some of us have used the same collection - the stunning Cocoa Vanilla Happiness range, which is just crying out to be fussy cut!

It's been such a popular collection that I couldn't find the ephemera pack anywhere to buy. Instead I purchased a selection of the pattern papers and resorted to getting my fussy cutting scissors out.


I find fussy cutting immensely relaxing, but the thought of making that first cut into a 12 x 12" piece of paper often quite daunting!

It's silly really, but something I'm sure some of us can relate to? After all, it's only a piece of paper!


I used watercolour paper as the basis for my layout, as it's thicker than standard cardstock and tends to hold paint and oxide inks better.

The rainbow cut file was created using two separate cut files that I welded together. After likely marking the base of the layout, I painted the rainbow colours directly onto the background and raised cut file using foam pads.

I then simply embellished my photograph using fussy cut flowers, butterflies and my title, all taken from the Happiness patterned papers...

Does fancy cutting fill you with dread, or do you find it therapeutic like me?

Don't forget to share your layouts with us over on our Facebook page, or tag us on Instagram if you've been inspired by this months theme.







1 comment:

  1. Beautiful layout Sam.
    I’m just getting back into scrapbooking after a couple of years break.
    I can’t believe how vibrant the colours are now. That muted rainbow
    Is gorgeous. Thank you for the inspiration

    Sheilagh

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...