Tuesday 14 May 2019

Beau Alise | Sarah Costain | Fussy Cutting

 Sarah here today with my take on this months theme of fussy cutting.

I must admit I am not a fan of fussy cutting so this was a challenge for me. I decided to use some rose gold foiled words from a white 12 x 12 sheet and cut them with a small border. The white on white helped disguise my less than perfect cutting skills and my Cutter Bee scissors definitely helped too!!


The rest of the layout was more in my comfort zone with lots of mixed media mostly from one of the Thompsons Craft Supplies kits.


I began by building up layers of watercolour in reds pinks and yellows. Once this had dried I added texture paste on top followed by white gesso to mute the colours slightly to match my papers and embellishments.


I created a paper cluster behind my photo using some lace and cheese cloth for added texture and to soften the layers. Between the layers I added foam to create more dimension and I added a circle embellishment and butterflies to frame my picture.


Using the shape of my watercolour background as a guide I scattered clusters of flowers and gems over the page and tucked in a tag to the paper layers.


As a finishing touch I added splashes of ink to match the rose gold title and some pink and blue Nuvo drops between the flowers.

You can check out the process video of my layout being created in more detail here.


Thanks for joining me and have a Happy Scrappy Day :)

Sarah
ManxyCatCrafts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...