Monday 27 May 2019

Bloom and Grow | Kirei Baldwin | Fussy Cutting

Hi UK Scrap Addicts!

Kirei here with my layout for this month's 'fussy cutting' theme....


Now I love fussy cutting so this was perfect for me! I used more of the lovely Cocoa Vanilla Studio 'Midnight' collection that I have been hoarding... I used the 12" x 12" paper called 'Sophisticated' which was perfect for some fussy cutting as it was covered in sketchy flowers in black and white.


I sat in front of the TV and fussy cut most of the flowers from it, and then I painted most of them with some of the pretty Shimmerz paints picking colours that matched the 'Midnight' collection. A little tip when fussy cutting, leave a little white border around your image, it's easier to cut and looks finished.

I cut the centre from the striped 'Bloom & Grow' paper then trimmed it to 11 1/2" and mounted it onto a frame cut from the 'Shine Bright' paper. Then I backed it all with a piece of white cardstock.

I added the fussy cut flowers in a wreath around the cut out circle, only sticking them in the centre so that I could curl up the edges to add dimension.



My photo was mounted onto a mix of the patterned papers and tucked in under the right side of the wreath. I added some matching embellishments and a title and finished off with some splatters of white paint.




I hope you have been inspired by this month's 'fussy cutting' theme... whether cutting just a few images to add to your layout or cutting lots to make it a feature like I have done. Please don't forget to share your layouts over on the UK Scrap Addicts Facebook page as we love to see them!

Thanks for looking and happy scrapping!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...