Friday 17 May 2019

Fill Each Day with Gratitude | Lisa-Jane Johnson | Fussy Cutting

Hi crafty friends, it's Lisa-Jane here today with my fussy cutting layout for this month's challenge.  I do love a bit of fussy cutting - it's a way of being crafty without sitting down at your craft table to do a full layout.  The results can be an icon or two for a finishing touch of a full on page of ephemera.  My layout is something in the middle.


I used a sketch from Page Maps to create this layout at a scrappy weekend away.  This Girl Squad collection by Pebbles had a pack of ephemera that included a few flowers but I needed a lot more to poke in the top of the central column.  Thankfully some of them were circles rather than fiddly flowers with lots of petals and because flowers are natural and organic, it doesn't matter if they are not perfect circles ;-)


To create my background layer I applied some Dylusions ink using the smooshing technique and then went over the top with a script stencil and some texture paste, all from the Pretty My Page shop.  Then I started building the paper layers to create the main structure of the design.


I also applied some of the texture paste to the aqua music themed paper for a bit more texture and interest.  Then I started adding in my fussy cut flowers and popped some of them up on foam pads and poked others in and around them.  I love the effect of all the dimension and it really gives a lovely focal point to the layout.  It's definitely worth the time put in to cutting the flowers in the first place.  

Are you a fussy cutting lover or hater?  Let us know!  And don't forget to pop over to the Facebook page or tag us on Instagram if you've been inspired to create a layout for this month's theme.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...