Saturday 4 May 2019

Sleep Amongst The Stars / Di Willcox / Fussy Cutting

May is fussy cutting month for us in UKSA and I think it's fair to say, we're all trying to think creatively about what we fussy cut! A majority of the time it's the floral or butterfly papers that tend to be cut into as they make great embellishments and compliment photos and papers, so I've gone for something a bit different and chosen stars.


I had a cut file backing sheet from The Cocoa Vanilla Studio's Boys rule collection and cut out the stars, some individually and some linked together, and made a crescent/ moon shape with them. 
Before I stuck them down on my white background I used water based crayons and the packaging technique to add some subtle colour splotches. 
After the photo was matted and stuck in place, I sprinkled and stuck some sequins around the page to add a bit more texture and effect. I did have a bit of an accident with the glue and this can be seen in my process video (here)!
Lastly I used a Thickers letter guide to help shape the title around the 'moon'. 



You're welcome to join us over on our Facebook group to join in with the monthly themes!!

And don't forget that we are celebrating (Inter)National Scrapbooking Day this weekend (3rd, 4th + 5th May 2019) and all the details can be found over at our Facebook group. Just search for UKScrapAddicts.


Thanks for reading and see you again next month!
Di x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...